[Rhodes22-list] I'm Back

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Thu Mar 14 12:28:15 EDT 2013

A lot, at least by my standards.  Used ones are nearly impossible to find, and new the tandems retail at $5500; the single (adventure islands) at around $3400.  It seems like a lot a first look, but when you consider you are getting a tandem kayak, plus a sailboat, plus the mirage drive system it is not much more than buying a new sailing dinghy or some of the high end ocean kayaks on the market.  At least that is the argument I used to get wife approval.  That along with the two years of whining about how much I "needed" it and how much it would be used.  She finally got tired of hearing about it and told me to just go ahead and get one.....same way I got the Rhodes.  Ha ha!!!!

Funny thing though is that she just booked a trip for she and a friend to go to Rome for 10 days, so I guess you could say that the boat cost me way more than retail.

One trick to saving some money.  Hobie keeps a very tight rein on their dealerships so they are not allowed to do any discounting, but new year models come out around the end of August/September (along with price increases) and dealers seem to be able to do some discounting to clear out current year models or a least do some bundling of accessories to save you some money.

Bill W.