[Rhodes22-list] slipping drum on furler

Jim DeWaard jdewaa01 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 21:37:18 EDT 2013

I have had my '89 recycle in the water for about two weeks now. The drum
slips when I was reduce the genny to the point where all the black line is
off the drum and the sail is still fully deployed. I have rewrapped the
line around the drum in both directions making sure it is tight. It seems
to work until there is any kind of tension or resistence then it slips
again. I don't know if the furling drum is at fault or I rigged the sail
wrong or what. I am reaching out to the list for help in figuring this out.
Jim