[Rhodes22-list] slipping furling drum

Jim DeWaard jdewaa01 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:11:36 EDT 2013

Rob,
My furling line does stay attached to the drum.....but with little force, I
can pull the furling line and turn the drum when the head sail sheets are
cleated or turn the drum when the furling line is cleated (using the head
sail sheets). It does not turn freely, it just seems to sort of "slip". I
have wound the furling line back on the drum in both directions and have
left enough of the line so there are two or three wraps when the sail is
fully deployed. Just when I think I got it right, the drum doesn't hold and
out goes sail to full size. I am puzzled.
Jim