[Rhodes22-list] photos Re: availability of 130% genoas (third photo)

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon May 20 18:25:15 EDT 2013

At 05:56 PM 5/20/2013, you wrote:
>I love that last picture.  How did you take that?  It looks like you
>either narrowly missed getting hit by a ship, got buzzed by an
>airplane, had one of those kite cameras, or you have angel wings and can fly.
>
>Bill W.
>s/v Fina Lee

That was one of the best sails we ever had. Steady winds on the just
the right angle to broad reach from Rock Hall down to the tip of
Eastern Neck Island and then near reach up the Chester River to an
anchorage somewhere up there. Used the UPS most of the way. We were
rounding the tip of Eastern Neck Island when I said to Fred "what the
heck is that helicopter doing buzzing us!?" Then I realized that
there was a guy leaning out with a camera and the wording on the tail
of the helicopter said "Boatpix.com". Turned out to be a very
expensive sail. I actually hesitated to contact them because I knew
it was going to cost me big bucks but I finally did and the photos
were (and are) fantastic. We rationalized the cost by saying "think
what it would cost to HIRE a helicopter to come take pix of your
boat."  They were out on the bay coming from or going to a race where
they routinely take photos. We just happened to be on the way and
were colorful at the time.

I've attached another.

Mary Lou