[Rhodes22-list] bilge/sole repair

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Tue May 21 16:57:15 EDT 2013

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n45737/IMG_1752r.jpg>

I repaired my 2009 cabin sole last year.  The original floor was a Hardy
Plank cementitous board about 1/2" thick with carpet on top.  The boards
started to flex and eventually one cracked.  I left the boards in place
since they are water and mold resistant and placed a 1/2" teak an holy wood
with sealer and poly finish over top.  I like the finish, see enclosed
photo, and the two layers provide more than enough support.  This years
project is sliding shelves in the galley.   I will post some photos when the
galley project is complete.