[Rhodes22-list] Traveling with motor mounted.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed May 22 14:42:08 EDT 2013

Graham,
Doing 70 downhill isn't normally bad, but in this case, the Rhodes weighs
more than the tow vehicle and vans are notoriously light on the rear end. A
2500  Chevy Van is a 3/4 ton truck and is plenty good for towing, just not
enough  weight on the rear axle in this case. Electric brakes definitely
would have  helped you as would a surge brake on the trailer in this case. A
second trailer  axle would not have made any difference and the additional
weight may have made  the situation worse.

Rummy

In a message dated 5/22/2013 12:29:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,