[Rhodes22-list] Selling Rhodes-22

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Wed May 29 23:05:29 EDT 2013

Attention all future Rhodes owners

The time has come for me to sell my 1985 Rhodes 22.

I bought her recycled from Stan in 2003.  She is lightly used, has the basic
amenities including battened furling main and 155 jib on a CDI FF-2.  GB
standard motor lift (not motorized), GB mast hoist system, rear mast
transport stand (although not shown in the attached photo), wire handrails,
pop top. Cabin cushions stored indoors off-season and in like-new condition,
Porta potty.

I added a Tohatsu 20" 8HP two-stroke with generator and electric start, IMO,
the perfect engine for this boat with plenty of thrust and only weighs 58LB.
Too bad they are no longer made.  Two 3.5 gallon gas tanks (never needed
more than one in a season) that fit under the seats.  Also added Nicro solar
vent at bow, and twin solar panels with a solar charge regulator.  Battery
new in 2011.

Also comes with 13LB fortress-type aluminum anchor and rode, docklines,
fenders, etc.  A complete package, ready to sail away.

2003 Triad galvanized single-axle trailer with hydraulic surge brakes. New
brakes in 2009, and added fresh water brake rinsing system.  The trailer is
set up to use an Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System w/ 4-Point Sway
Control.  Tows fine behind a mid-size SUV.

I only just uncovered her, and will include more photos when I get the
chance.  I don't have her in the water yet, and likely will not anytime
soon.

Located in Massachusetts, 25 miles NW of Boston.

$13,000