[Rhodes22-list] CDI or GBI?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu May 30 21:24:35 EDT 2013

If you are going to reuse the GBI furler, you'll need to replicate
the attachment points. If you are having the sail made, I would
unfurl your current sail, take good pictures of the tabs at the top
and bottom and see how the luff attaches to the tube. On ours (if
memory serves, it's been a while), I believe there was a luff tape
that slid into a slot in the furling tube. If yours is like this,
you'll need a similar luff tape on your new sail. I think older GBI
furlers used a sleeve of some sort. Perhaps someone who has had
their's apart more recently can elaborate further.

Mary Lou