[Rhodes22-list] Inquiry on 130% genoa

Charles Nieman blue66corvette at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:21:37 EST 2013

Art
I had a 175 on my old R22, I thought it was a great sail and probably used too much of it when I should have reefed. I got a new to me R22 that had a 130 and I seriously thought about changing to a 175 but the 130 was too new for my frugal nature to make that move, plus the new boat also has a UPS for really light air (the observed problem with the 175 was when you really need that much sail, it is too heavy to work). I am so pleased with the 130 and UPS, I will not be going back to the 175 when these wear out (I also doubt the UPS will wear out, since I only use it in very light air, which usually means too hot to be out there, here in Texas).

Now I am on a Texas lake, and If you are thinking in regards to your Florida location, it may be totally different.

One man's opinion

Charles
98 R 22
s/v Daydream