[Rhodes22-list] Using mast crutch for tarp

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Nov 12 08:21:48 EST 2013

Sal,

I have a different opinion although I'm not recommending it.  I leave my
batteries and cables on the boat year round.  I got my recycled '86 in '05
and replaced my batteries last year for the first time.

It may not have been the moderate winters here in Maryland that drained the
juice.  I never checked the water level and both batteries had little (or
no) water in them.  I now check the water levels once a year and I added an
on/off switch which I use whenever I remember.

Everyone recommends bringing motorcycle batteries inside for the winter and
I've never done that either.  If I don't ride enough the battery may drain
but it recharges right back up.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD