[Rhodes22-list] Motor shaft length

cover-man at comcast.net cover-man at comcast.net
Tue Nov 26 22:05:06 EST 2013

Jim,

Where ye be?  Tell us what you are famous for!  When will your boat deliver?

My own iron is a Tohatsu 8, which should be plenty of motor.  It depends much on how and where you will sail.  Will your lift be manual or motorized?  With the GB lift I believe the short shaft is deep enough in water to be effective and cooled properly.  The long shaft could be dragging in the water when heeling to port.

Welcome to the club,  you will enjoy knowing our members.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,

Art Czerwonky
s/v MaryJane