[Rhodes22-list] Drinker's Check-up

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Oct 1 08:45:37 EDT 2013

I know exactly what kind of drinker I am. I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to
meetings. I go sailing.

Rummy

In a message dated 9/30/2013 12:23:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
reidkhester at gmail.com writes:

Dear  Rummy,
Our  Drinker's Check-up  <http://www.drinkerscheckup.com>   is for real.
It's
an  empirically supported program for heavy drinkers who wonder about  their
drinking and want objective, non-judgmental feedback about it. We  developed
it with funding from NIH/NIAAA and evaluated its effectiveness in  a
randomized clinical trial with a 12 month follow-up. The outcomes of  that
study indicated that heavy drinkers who went through the Check-up  reduced
their drinking by 45-55% out to 12 months and had a 50% reduction  in
alcohol-related problems.

In the 12 years it's been online, the  app has screened over 105,000 people
and over 20,000 have registered and  used  it.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n46902/DCU2013.jpg>

Drinkerscheckup.com???? For real? What the hell is  that?

Rummy

-----
Warmest  regards,

Reid K. Hester, Ph.D.