[Rhodes22-list] Center Board Lift Line

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Oct 1 10:47:43 EDT 2013

Rob:

Mine was glassed over but there was still a distinct cap with a flange that
allowed the cap to be  riveted to a similar flange on the centreboard
housing. (I replaced the rivets with bolts.) From the picture it looks like
yours does not have a flange.

It might be possible to cut off the top and then make a flange on the
housing and build a new cap but that would be a tricky job and might not
accomplish much depending on how the centreboard is attached and whether the
other dimensions of the centreboard trunk are the same as later models. I
can't tell for sure, but it looks to me as though the forward part of your
housing slopes down at the front. With later models the cap steps down but
remains horizontal so that the cap flange is flat and goes the whole length
of the housing.

I have attached a picture of my cap, which is conveniently in my basement,
so you can see the shape.

If you need dimensions, the cap is 53.5" long and 5.5" wide. The raised part
is 2" wide and 25.5" long at the top and 30" long at the base.

To remove the centreboard from inside the boat I think you would need to be
able to remove the entire cap rather than just the raised part.

Graham