[Rhodes22-list] Fitting a trailer

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Wed Oct 2 09:59:54 EDT 2013

I fit my "new-2-me" trailer to the boat yesterday evening.  It is a duel
axle trailer that had originally been used on a seahawk-19.   I through
bolted a 16'  2"X4"X12" to some tangs I had welded to the frame (one board
on each side).  The boards run longitudinally and serve as skids (bunks).
I also welded some rubber (roller) guides for the keel to sit on.  I did a
dry fit last night and it was almost right.  I need to jack the boat back
up, pull the trailer and make a few minor adjustments ....  I'll take some
pics if anyone is interested.

BTW:  If you are looking for an inexpensive trailer... I have found that it
is easier to find an inexpensive trailer if you are also willing to buy the
crappy boat sitting on it.   Strange market!!! But try shopping for just a
trailer and you will have to drop $1K min.  I got the seahawk with trailer
for $500, stripped off all the good hardware (cleats, compass, motor mount,
anchor chocks etc.) and then sold the hull for $100.   So... I got this
trailer plus some hardware for $400.