[Rhodes22-list] The Curse of Ethanol

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 17:03:36 EDT 2013

Art,
Another issue with avgas is that it contains lead which pollutes the water
the exhaust goes into. Not environmentally friendly and frowned (prohibited
from  using) upon by most states.
Most marina's and a few gas stations close to Lake Hartwell sell boat gas
which is ethanol free. I also use it in the tractor, tiller, chain saw,
SeaDoo,  wife's Chaparral and leaf blower. It costs more (about $.50 a gallon)
but I  don't have the carb and fuel line issues to deal with.

Rummy

In a message dated 9/9/2013 3:53:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,