[Rhodes22-list] R22 installing portlights and hatches

Richard Beytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:21:37 EDT 2013

The 84's do have plywood cores and yes, there was some rot around the
chainplate area. It seemed to be isolated so I scooped out as much of the
old wood as possible, and squirted a water proof foam filler. I then sealed
up the edges around the hatch opening exactly as you described.  All other
deck fittings have been reseated with 4200 silicon and hopefully that will
stop any further water incursion.

Richard
Cell: 828 337 0180