[Rhodes22-list] Mac's 130 Genoa

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Sep 23 10:42:53 EDT 2013

Almost forgot.  One of surprises of the 130 is the way it's cut.  When fully
unfurled the clew rides up high enough that you get a much better view
forward.  The window is hardly necessary.

Couple other non-Genoa comments.  When docked Mac lifts his boom high with
the topping lift to prevent birds from roosting and doing what birds do all
over his cockpit.  I thought that made sense.

He has one dock line on a piling that has a pulley and a weight.  Since
there's always tension on the line, you can just place the loop over your
cleat without securing it.  I've never seen this type of a set-up before.
If you have an older Rhodes with a single cleat forward, it takes up less
cleat space.  It's definitely faster and easier to use.

Lee