[Rhodes22-list] 200% Jenny

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:15:09 EDT 2013

David and Rick,

My first boat, the Carol Lee (an '87), came with the original 175% jenny.
When Doyle measured it to make a new one they said it measured 184%!  My
"new" boat, the Carol Lee 2 (an '83), came with a 150% jenny that I was
forced to use due to the bend in my old jenny pole from demasting.  I must
say that I love the 150 and feel that the boat sails much better with it.
It is much easier to come about and does not get overpowered so quickly.

Anyway, the 175/184 came all the way back to the winches.  The 150 does not.

Stephen Staum
s/v Carol Lee 2
Needham, MA