[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: New mainsail

Richard MacArthur Richard at MacArthurLawFirm.com
Tue Apr 29 14:28:08 EDT 2014

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard MacArthur <Richard at MacArthurLawFirm.com<mailto:Richard at MacArthurLawFirm.com>>
Date: April 29, 2014 at 2:21:50 PM EDT
To: "rhodes22-list-request at rhodes22.org<mailto:rhodes22-list-request at rhodes22.org>" <rhodes22-list-request at rhodes22.org<mailto:rhodes22-list-request at rhodes22.org>>, Ed Michalski <michalskied at yahoo.com<mailto:michalskied at yahoo.com>>
Subject: New mainsail

Who is the sailmaker that makes the mainsail for the IMF mast? I think I've heard that it costs about $600. Our current main was exposed to the sun in such a way that the leech rotted. To repair it they had to cut some off and double the thickness of the new leech. I think that extra thickness makes the sail bind near the top. I note the mast is pinched near the top, with a dent where it is pinched.  The result is we have the worst time getting the sail out fully. I'm thinking a new sail would solve that problem. I'd appreciate any advice on a new sail.
Sent from my iPad