[Rhodes22-list] RC trailer setup

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Aug 31 22:17:13 EDT 2014

Thanks Hank.
I noticed in the General Boats web site that at some point the hull
thickness was increased in order to address the problem of trailer
deformation so it may be that it is more problematic for a boat of my
vintage (76) than later years. Somehow I don't think that multiple gelcoat
cracks  going down into the substrate is something that I should be too
complacent about. I am inclined to keep some of the weight off the forward
end of the bunks or move the boat back as suggested by Curtis at least until
I can reinforce that area of the hull - which I can do fairly easily as all
of the inside structure has been removed. I think that adding two layers of
cloth and epoxy on the inside of the hull should stiffen it up considerably.
I sure hope so.

Graham