[Rhodes22-list] Removing the 175 genoa for the winter

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Dec 2 18:38:26 EST 2014

Well, I went to the boat today by myself (1 1/2 hour drive) and managed to
get the genoa down just fine. Fortunately, there was no breeze at all in the
morning when I did this. I would have had a problem an hour later when the
breeze picked up and even in the marina, I probably couldn't have handled
the 175 open all the way while trying to pull it down and roll the sail
along the dock side of the boat. I supposed I could have left the sail on
for the winter, but it is new and I like the idea of having it out of the
snow and ice weather for the next 4 months.  Biggest problem was carrying
this monster sail (rather loosely rolled and folded) off the narrow dock and
getting it into the back of my van.

Bob