[Rhodes22-list] Hatch gaps

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Dec 7 23:06:33 EST 2014

Reminder: Just got my Rhodes and having dealt with flooding due to faulty CB
repair finally have "normal" questions. Heres the first:

I have the two hatches on either side and just in front of mast. Seem in
perfect condition but when I close and latch securely there is a significant
gap in front (I can see out) and on sides (gap on sides decreases to almost
nothing at rear). The hatches can't be pulled down tighter as back can go
down no further.

NIce for ventilation as straight rain can't get in but looks like high winds
would bring in significant rain.
Also, if get in big waves and take one over the bow would bring in quite a
bit of water.

Are there supposed to be some kind of gaskets?

Brooks on Choptank River, MD