[Rhodes22-list] Boat lift

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Dec 14 15:10:29 EST 2014

Ted,

Attached are pictures of the extensions I had made to modify a Shore
Station hoist to hold an '88 Rhodes.

They are 32" long, and it is 24" from the top of the hoist frame to the
bottom of the bunks to give enough clearance for the keel.  They are
attached to the frame with the same hardware that came with the hoist,
and mimic the same U-shape design and dimensions except they are coated
steel rather than galvanized.  You can see there is another set of holes
that would allow the extensions to be longer, but it turned out they
were not necessary ("measure twice, cut once" proved again.)

The "off the shelf" items you sent out last looked to be too short and
perhaps not sturdy enough to  hold a 3000+ lb. boat, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Bruce
s/v Tuxedo