[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake Rally in June

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Dec 15 13:11:59 EST 2014

As a newbie Rhodes owner one Eastern Shore - Choptank River, Cambridge,MD,
I'd be more interested in a North end Chesapeake Rhodes 22 rendezvous/rally.
I've got to believe we have a sufficient number.

When I owned a Nonsuch 30 there were a number of Nonsuch's on the Chesapeake
and they had one in mid May and another in mid September for last 30 years.

They did similar to your description - meet somewhere Friday afternoon and
share cocktails and food. Saturday either sail around (sailed up the Chester
River once, a fun race another time) or sail to another spot/marina and have
a sit down dinner. Sunday, just casual meetings then take off for home.
Going to these rendezvous forced me out of my lazy, local comfort zone and
made me a better sailor.

We have a great sailing area on the Choptank, a good marina with reasonable
rates, very nice (free) boat ramps (one with floating docks), some good
restaurants, a lot of history. It's about 1/2 mile to downtown from marina.

But I'm sure there are many more of you on Western Shore with tons of good
sailing and I'm looking for an excuse to do some long sails next year.

Any interest? We could start just using email. Mine's
bridges.brooks at gmail.com

Which brings up a question: Is there a registry for Rhodes 22's with boat
number, name, location, email, phone, etc. ?