[Rhodes22-list] Standing rigging thickness

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Feb 15 15:29:52 EST 2014

If the original rigging lasted 40 years, I don't believe there is a
reason to change. I believe the standard recommendation is 15-20. We
got less than that out of ours - perhaps due to the boat being
trailered and the rigging being coiled and uncoiled a lot - and of
course with the recycled boat, the rigging was probably original to the boat.

Hand tight is all that it takes on a R22. We have a Loos gauge but
use it more out of curiosity than anything else.

If you have had problems with the cabin deforming or cmpression
posts, you may want to make sure those problems are
corrected/stabilized before you do new standing rigging as the
measurements could change.

Best,
Mary Lou