[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Time Share Vacation

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:09:48 EST 2014

Dear Southern Rhodies,

On January 29 my wife and I will celebrate 30 years of marital bliss.  Well, 30 years of marriage anyway.  Must be over 20 years of bliss at least, but who is counting.

As we still have one child in college and funds are limited, I was wondering if any southern based Rhodie would be willing to do a time share for a few weekdays or a long weekend.  I have owned and sailed a Rhodes 22 for 10 years and am very comfortable sailing the boat.  I also hold an ASA Bareboat 40 certification.

I have an 1983 Rhodes 22, the Carol Lee 2, which is nicely equipped with IMF mast conversion, 150 furling genoa, 14 amp solar panel, 12V chiller, 2 batteries and a 9.9 horse Johnson Sailmaster outboard.  It is a very comfortable cruiser for 2 with a homemade full cockpit berth, propane stove, stern rail mounted gas grill and bimini.

In season, June through mid-October, I am on a mooring off Wollaston Beach in Quincy, MA based at the Squantum Yacht Club (http://www.squantumyc.org/).  The club provides launch service from 9am to 9pm through most of the season and my mooring is pleasantly located 1/2 mile offshore and is very private for overnight stays.  I also have anchoring gear on board if you wish to stay near one of the Boston Harbor Islands.  In addition to the Harbor Islands there is easy access to interesting north and south shore destinations.

I would be happy to trade a week or long weekend this summer for the same time at a nice southern local this winter.

Please contact me directly back-channel if you are interested:  snstaum at gmail.com

Thanks and Happy New Year to all,

Stephen Staum
s/v Carol Lee 2