[Rhodes22-list] Masthead Light/Wiring

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 12 16:30:44 EST 2014

While chartering a Lagoon 44' in November I noticed that the wiring from the
mast went through an inverted J fitting on the deck. I would not be
absolutely water tight under circumstances where a wave came right over the
deck, which has never happened to me, but it avoided the problem of trying
to seal the hole in the deck where wires protrude. I have searched for
something similar but the only example that I found online was where a
fellow made one using a chromed plumbing P trap attached to a thru hull. I
am sure it works but was very utilitarian. If anyone has seen such hardware
I would be interested to know where they saw it. It was a very clean
installation and the wires could be removed any time.

Graham