[Rhodes22-list] Masthead Light

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:29:56 EST 2014

Marlan,

As you mentioned in your post, you are correct that anything on a DC
circuit can "share" the ground wire so your four wire connector could
control three lights with one ground wire.  Common installations have
grounding bus bars in strategic locations throughout a boat with all
of the devices in that area grounding to the bus bar and then a single
wire back to the main bus bar and on to the battery.  Here is an
example of a busbar from WM.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=1229624&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50523&subdeptNum=50549&classNum=50556

Regards,

Hank