[Rhodes22-list] Motor winch

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Jul 11 17:41:44 EDT 2014

John: we have a Badlands winch from Harbor Freight, and I emailed them a few months ago about how to get a replacement remote.  I explained the problem of not being able to use the winch if we lost our one remote, or if / when it stops working (you can install a manual switch I believe to solve the prob; there was a thread a while back about that and link to a youtube video for do it yourselfers)  HF said that they do not sell the remote only.  The man acknowledged that this was an issue for people, but said the only way he knows of to get new remote is to look for one for on eBay or other secondary market sites.  I found a few on eBay, but the prices were extraordinary.  Meager supply, high demand I suppose.  I'm interested to know if anyone knows of a cheaper way to get a replacement remote.

Harry Gamble III
Perdido Bay, AL
2006 recycled 2014