[Rhodes22-list] wing-on-wing w/ whisker pole

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jul 20 08:53:21 EDT 2014

Curtis,
I believe you are over thinking the whisker pole use. The pole has a
pointed end which should fit into the eye on the sail. The other end has a clip
and you can play around with it's location, but I just simply clip it on one
of  the shrouds, depending on the wind and it's angle. No topping lift or
downhaul  needed. You can control the sail by using both sheets to keep it
where you want  it. I've also known a few captains that have used a preventer
on the main sail  to prevent unintended jibes. I'm accomplished enough of a
sailor that I don't  use a preventer. I simply pay attention to the sails
and the winds and maintain  control at all times.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/18/2014 10:26:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,