[Rhodes22-list] Splashed!

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Jun 21 23:36:58 EDT 2014

After an almost 2 year hiatus while we were managing two renovations, a double move (to Manhattan and Shelter Island NY) and a new boat build, the latest version of "Ruach" (wind or spirit in Hebrew), our third and final R 22,  I think,  (sorry Stan) has finally splashed.  She is docked at Island Boatyard on Shelter Island - in my first slip ever - and will ply Peconic and Gardener's Bays with an occasional foray into Long Island Sound and beyond.  But first, I need to figure out how to get out of my slip - getting in from the 25 ton travel lift (a bit overkill?) wasn't easy given I couldn't get the boat to turn to starboard (maybe the motor wasn't all the way down the track and I had a prop wash problem?) and take a few shakedown sails.  If any of you Rhodies on the south shore or LIS ever make it my way let me know.  I tried to attach a couple of photos but don't know if they will come thru.  After 14 years on the list it's one of many things I still haven't mastered.

Bruce Greenwald
SV Ruach