[Rhodes22-list] new GB genoa furling system (The Rhodes 22 Email List)

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jun 24 14:57:35 EDT 2014

I think we only put on one for an owner and that it came with its own
furler (which I did not like).

If these sails come with a "bolt rope" then it could be put on our new
system, when the standard genoa is down - but I thought the advanced
sailors who use these sails, do so with both the standard genoa _and_
the asymmetrical flying at the same time?  The system's perfect use is
for using a 130 genoa with its full luff able to be employed instead of
the 175 furled so the luff length gets lost when going to the smaller
genoa in heavier winds.

The combination new IMF outhaul and new Traveler system and full luff
130 genoa sheeted to the third set of leads (ones on the cabin top) move
the Rhodes into a star pointing category.

ss