[Rhodes22-list] Lighting Rod

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 02:23:19 EDT 2014

Gee, don't think I've ever been 1 in a million before, but my R22 got fried by lightning 2 years ago on Tampa Bay. No visible damage to the boat itself, but all the electronics got cooked. So it wasn't a direct hit, just Zeus taking a pee nearby. After a fair amount of research on lightning mitigation for sailboats, I decided crosst fingers are the only cost-effective solution.