[Rhodes22-list] companionway trim strips

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 16 16:00:46 EDT 2014

James:
I considered using the aluminium C track as well and used some track on hand
to experiment with but couldn't find anything that was the appropriate
dimension. If the flanges were wide enough the gap between them was too
great. You might be able to find something with appropriate dimensions. The
other problem was to find a way to attach them given that the top needs a
clear pass to slide. It might be feasible to drill large enough hole in the
top flange to insert a flat head bolt that was countersunk into the lower
flange but then finding a tool that would do that without creating an
enormous hole in the top flange was a problem. So I settled for the
aluminium bottom slider with the composite cover. I did not use sealant as I
wanted to be able to take it apart easily if it needs replacement.

Graham