[Rhodes22-list] centerboard attachment

Ric Stott ric at steelbone.com
Mon Mar 17 10:52:06 EDT 2014

My story about the keel boat was a story, a worse case. Do I think it
could happen, yes I do.
The facts remain:
MY CB cap cracked mid season and is bad - it filled the bilge to the
floorboards daily.
I don't have an automatic bilge pump.
I have to fix it.
I had never had it apart.
I never knew about rubber hose or PVC pipe to prevent The CB from
rising in its channels - thank you list.
It might have happened by running aground.
It could happen if the CB was not fully raised and the boat was forced
backward by the wind or in the waves on a shallow mooring.
Other situations could cause the same thing; backing up and hitting
something or "a whole lot of other . . ." unintended situations.
I'm not and engineer - brain heels to port.
I'm an architect - brain heels to starboard. - typically has right-of-
way.
Sailboats are one of the purest embodiments of "Form follows
Function" (an axiom of the Modern Movement)
I'll test my sailing AND my drinking skills with Rummy's any time,
albeit never both at once.
I enjoy Rummy's humor, enthusiasm and participation on the list.
I hope we get to meet someday.
Ric
s/v Dadventure