[Rhodes22-list] IMF replacing line

chrissailorman chrissailorman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 23:47:43 EDT 2014

Don't know if you've done this yet but I've had a similar problem and
resolved it rather simply...I had just raised my mast and launched Blue
Hawaii, motored to my slip and proceeded to complete rigging for the
season... I went to rig the furling line through the boom when to my horror,
observed that it was not there. Gone! What??? Now what to do? Drop the mast?
Well, I simply took a length of appropriate line, drilled a small tap hole
at the base of the foil in the appropriate spot...set a ss screw and washer
through the end of the line. This was done with the main fully furled. Then
as the sail was unfurled, the furling line simply wound around the bottom of
the foil. Sailed the entire season with no problems. Will check before
deploying for the new season.

-----
Chris Greco
Long Island, NY