[Rhodes22-list] Major Problem Minor Repair

Chrissailorman chrissailorman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:20:03 EDT 2014

Hey Graham
Hear you loud and clear...perhaps some kind of friction clamp that you would set the friction enough to hold the rudder down while sailing, but a strike would let it slip. Thumb screw or wing nut...think my Continental had something like that... Not elegant but it works...

Why did you have to rebuild the rudder?

For me, I just take a loose wrap of the up haul line around the cleat and quickly release it when I start to touch bottom and leave it to spring free.

Please let me know if you find something that works well...
Chris
Sent from my iPad