[Rhodes22-list] Swing keel help

Chrissailorman chrissailorman at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:48:14 EDT 2014

Well...I bit the bullet today...had been considering pulling the centerboard cap to check for impending issues before putting Blue Hawaii in this year...was debating whether I should or not....glad I did. My boat is an 87 and as far as I know never had serviced the cb. Being almost 30 years old I was concerned about blocks and the line.... Well, the cap came off easily enough...just two bolts resisted coming out...gasket was no issue at all....but the rearmost block had worn through or broken at the shackle point...so need to replace that...also replacing line using Sta-Set X, 1/4 ". I used a handy billy, 3 part line tackle to hoist the board up and out...pretty heavy. Spanned the cabin top with  a couple of two by fours... Bringing it up and out allows me to easily apply paint to the board and trunk...nice. Found a few large barnacles, one quite close to the top....will update if I have any issues completing but looks pretty strait forward. I will take some pictures to submit with my follow up postings. Probably not til Monday...grandchild # 13 is one year old tomorrow..blended family, actually my 8th....fun!
Grandson #1, (#13/8's brother!), actually sailed with me on my first Rhodes 22, C-Kat, a Continental...13 years ago.
Sent from my iPad

>>> 4.[8] http://www.rhodes22.org/list