[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift Wiring Question

Mrbabs Marc at babineauins.com
Sun May 4 22:13:48 EDT 2014

Hello fellow Rhodies - hoping one of the brilliant electricians can answer a
question.

I have a rocker switch mounted in the cockpit that operates the motor lift.
Well it used to operate the lift but now does nothing.

I tested the winch by jumping direct from a battery to confirm the winch is
working. I removed the switch, disassembled and saw evidence of some minor
arcing so I ordered a replacement. BUT, the wire running from the positive
post in the lazarette has a block of some type attached to the terminal.
It's about one inch square with a rusted metal cover.  Does anyone know what
this gizmo is? A relay or fuse?

Based on its condition, I'm thinking I should probably replace it while I'm
changing out the switch.  Any ideas what it is and what I need to order?

Thank you!

Marc B

S/V Baby Steps
East Greenwich, RI