[Rhodes22-list] Mailing list problems with certain addresses

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue May 6 15:05:37 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

Earlier I sent the following message to the list, but then realized many
of the intended recipients probably didn't get it because they had been
unsubscribed due to this problem!  So... I re-enabled all the affected
accounts.  If you previously got a list message saying your subscription
was disabled due to excessive bounces, please ignore it.  I have
re-enabled all of them.  However, read below anyway, because it will
come back to bite us until I find the solution...

Sent earlier:

This is not spam.  We've run into a problem delivering list mail to a
number of providers due to highly restrictive spam filters.  In
particular, list members at AOL, Yahoo, and Comcast are affected. These
providers are rejecting any mail that does not have special headers in
place to authenticate who it's coming from.  These bounce-backs are
tracked by our list software and, after a certain number, the software
assumes the address is no longer valid and disables the subscription.
When that happens, this email is generates as a last ditch effort to
contact the subscriber.

For the time being, if you see one of these messages, go ahead and click
the link to re-enable your subscription.  This may be an ongoing process
until I can figure out how to appease the spam filters at these (and
potentially other) email providers.

Optionally, you can get better service with a free account at Gmail and
subscribe using that address.  Those other dinosaurs have been plagued
with email problems for years and it's not going to get any better.

--
Cheers!
John Lock