[Rhodes22-list] Traveler Try-out

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed May 7 09:57:21 EDT 2014

   Joe,
   Are you upgrading from the standard GB bar type traveler, or do you
   have an older boat without a traveler?
   Todd T.
   --
   Sent from my Android phone with [1]mail.com Mail. Please excuse my
   brevity.

   The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

     Hello everyone:
          Yesterday, I was greeted at the door by Stan's personal
     assistant (really, just the UPS delivery guy) who carried a long
     thin box containing the new and improved version of the GBI  R-22
     traveler.  I de-boxed the item and was faced with a far more
     complex rig than the old system.  The bar is now a adorned with a
     block & tackle system that allows the boom to slide port and
     starboard without undoing those lines that (formerly) created a
     tangle in the cockpit.
          The new rig has a continuous feed line that locks in place
     once set and seems easy to slide back and forth easily to adjust
     for those "into the wind" tacking moments. My boat's in the water
     now, and far away, so I can't report on performance yet.  I'd
     attach a photo, but have I've never quite figured out how do do
     that with even a moderate degree of success.  I have a MAC, and
     it's probably simple... but so am I.  I will let you all know how
     it goes.  To tell the truth, I am a little giddy... OK, more
     giddy... to test it.    ttfn.
     Joe Camp
     s/v John Dawson
     Bohemia River, MD