[Rhodes22-list] CB Tubes and stop

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu May 8 10:00:40 EDT 2014

Graham,

  This is the stop that caused my centerboard leak. Mine was screwed into
the inside of cb trunk. The bracket in the picture has a lot more material
between the bottom of the v and the top of the bracket. I only had about 1/2
", looks like this one has about 1 1/2" of plastic there. On mine, the
bottom of the v broke and the cb hitting the broken bracket forced the
screws thru the side of the cb trunk. The bracket is located about10"
forward of the aft end of the centerboard trunk, you cannot see it without
removing the long board covering the cb trunk. It was a small hole, and I
might not have seen it if the bracket wasn't broken ,getting my attention.

   Jerry Lowe