[Rhodes22-list] Traveler Try-out

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu May 8 16:45:24 EDT 2014

Dear Rhodies, it is true, we have been tinkering with a better
traveler.  No one has ever liked the separate lines. So at the fall
Annapolis show we showed an endless line system.  No one liked the
clutches at both ends.  So we played with the end locking system but no
one liked having to unlock one side before shifting to the opposite
perch.  So we went to sleep and dreamed about the one mast hoist we had
built with a worm gear winch, which ended up the usual way - waking Rose.

As most know, the Rhodes traveler mounts to the stays.  Weird.  So the
new Rhodes traveler is at home, with its clutchless, endless control
line where the sag in the control line is lance cleat set to an
individual skipper's comfort level.  With nothing to lock there is
nothing to unlock.  Simply choose your swivel seat and put the main
sheet car where you were taught it should be.  It is idiot proof.
Unless car moves because you are in too high even-for-a-Rhodes winds.
Then it is not idiot proof.

Only the prototype picture on the web so far:
http://www.usedrhodes.com/newsystuff.html

Price:    first one, $5,000    sold to GB.
Second mass production run of 5 got price down to $3,000,  4 of which
went to to GB, the 5th was given away due to lack of buyers.

Current availability:   C of S community members:  Factory installed on
your 5' ss traveler tube:  $395  free S&H

that's not all I have to say about that but have to go watch the Ed Show.

stan

Joe On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:05 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List
<rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote: Ballpark would have been
fine..thinking of a birthday present