[Rhodes22-list] Removable and Installation of New JIB

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu May 8 21:05:04 EDT 2014

Cary,

I have a GB furler and a 175 on my recycled 1991/2013. I just replaced it with the 130 and so far I really like it.

I had to drill a few holes in the flexible aluminum tube to accommodate the higher tack attachment tab. I had the mast down so it was really very simple. Just take off the bottom furler and disconnect the tack and head tabs. The sail should slide out the bottom.

The new sail is a breeze to tack compared to the 175.  I am sure there will situations where I'll miss the 175, but in really think the 130 will work well for me 90% of the time.

Spring has sprung in New England. I took the boat out in Boston Harbor on Saturday and it was awesome.  I am looking forward to taking her out again on Sunday. It's supposed to be in the mid 70's and sunny.

Let me know if I can explain anything in more detail.

Cheers,
Ted

SV AIRPOWER
19991/2013 R22