[Rhodes22-list] Moving to Minnesota and Zebra Muscles

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri May 30 12:20:40 EDT 2014

Ron,
Sailing Lake Superior is similar to sailing on the ocean, without the salt.
 Lake Superior is famous for it's storms. It covers more than 31,000 square
miles  with an average depth of almost 500 feet. Mid summer water
temperature is around  42 degrees. Once as a youth I made the mistake of jumping into
the clear and  extremely cold water. I swear that I came out faster than I
went in. The  Duluth/Superior area is gorgeous and the drive north along the
lake shore is  breathtaking. There are several Island groups on the lake
which make for great  destinations. You will enjoy Minnesota. Take a trip to
the Tower Sudan mine. It  is a state park and you can actually take the
elevator down 1/2 mile and then  take a train ride further in another 3/4 mile. I
could go on and on, but you  will find a lot to do in that area.
Unfortunately zebra mussels are in the Mississippi and Lake Pepin and can
cause problems. Perhaps Rod Elner will catch you post and reply. He's on
Lake  Pepin if I remember correctly.

Rummy

In a message dated 5/30/2014 11:27:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,