[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard problem over for now

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Nov 7 17:39:02 EST 2014

Thanks to all who responded. You gave me some good ideas.

The leaks  are down to occasional drips. I'm going to enjoy the boat
over the next few weeks and when I pull it, I'll take the whole thing
off and scrape and clean. I think the installers used silicon and it
must've gone lumpy or something. With luck, maybe things will settle
and the leaks will stop.

I'll be checking the bilge religiously.

Now I'll just have to scrub things down with freshwater-especially the
electrical parts that got soaked. Then I'll spray all the electrical
stuff with some heavy duty corrosion inhibitor. Right now, lights and
motor are all working.