[Rhodes22-list] Urgent centerboard gasket questions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Nov 8 13:05:28 EST 2014

One question. When you launched your boat, was the centerboard cleated in
the up position? If not,when  the boat starts to slide off the trailer
into the water,the centerboard drops down and the whole weight of the boat
is on the centerboard trying to push the CB thru the top of the CB cap.
This happened to me,and it cracked the fiberglass on the top of the CB
cap. In your case it could have loosened the fasteners,letting water in
past the gasket.

Jerry Lowe

S/V  Country Rhodes. '86