[Rhodes22-list] Boat behavior very different starboard tack vs port

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Nov 16 09:58:03 EST 2014

You're right - there is a lot of sheet and sail that has to come around
tacking the 170 and if you have a lot of sail out that means light wind
which is more difficult. I always backwind the jib for a moment whenever I
tack which gives more speed going thru the wind and also allows the sail to
come over faster when I release it so less likely to catch on something. I
really like the big genoa. When unfurled fully the drum is almost
overflowing with line.

-----
Fair winds and following seas .....  Steve Raye