[Rhodes22-list] Removing the 175 genoa for the winter

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Nov 30 15:12:21 EST 2014

I'm going to close up my boat for the winter on Tuesday and plan to remove
the 175 genoa and store it off the boat. Stan sent 2 halyard lines to use to
help remove the sail and I think I understand how to do this. My question is
will I be able to do this by myself? I know I have to open the sail all the
way up, attach the halyard lines to the lines cleated at the bottom of the
sail, and then pull the luff down through the slot in the plastic furling
tube. Any suggestions on how to handle all that sail by myself? Maybe roll
the sail from the clew in order to handle it all. Anyone else done this
alone?

Thanks.
Bob
Yet unnamed 1998 Recycled in 2014 Rhodes