[Rhodes22-list] Rigging repair

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Oct 5 22:33:22 EDT 2014

Does your stay run through a bushing? If I remember correctly, a small
screw held the bushing in the tube at the top end. The stay had about 5" of
slack. Took top bushing out and pulled stay down through to the bottom. Had
to remove bottom bushing to release the stay through the spool at the
bottom. Mine is a simple spool that spins around the stay. Your furling
spool may  .  Be different. The heavy washer fits above the solid
sleeve/swage at the base of the stay.(see picture)...there was also a multi
hole extender connected to the top of the stay that has to be removed. Dont
forget to replace that.  Take before pictures...good luck
Chris